Teeth extractions for braces? Is it risky? (photos)

I have gotten 2 orthodontic opinions and they both say that getting 4 teeth extractions is the best possible way to fix my smile. My lips do protrude , but I am worried about the risks that come with it. I am unsure if I do need them allow my orthodonist does say I have crowding so I need to remove teeth. I am 19 years old and he told me he can't use expanders cause I am too old. I just want to get other opinions if I REALLY need these extractions or not. Thanks for any input.

Extractions Needed for Braces?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Absolutely, positively NO! You do not need to amputate four perfectly healthy teeth to straighten your teeth. You are not too old to expand your dental arches. I do adult expansion in adults EVERY SINGLE DAY with outstanding results. The paradigm that adult expansion is not possible is completely outdated. I was told in dental school 20+ years ago that expansion in a non-growing patient is not possible. I can't believe they are still teaching this rubbish. Go find a doctor who understands modern orthodontic philosophies and knows what epigenetic orthodontics is. Good luck!