Follow-up Question - Septoplasty Rhinoplasty, what is it exactly? (photo)

What exactly is a septoplasty because some doctors said in my last post that I have it what exactly is it because I don't have trouble with breathing or anything. Why would doctors say I have it then????

To see previous question, please click here.

What is a Septoplasty?

A Septoplasty is a cosmetic procedure designed to address operative issues related to a deviated septum. Breathing problems are one of the direct complications from a deviated nasal septum, however not all patients with a crooked septum may experience it. The key element separating this procedure from Rhinoplasty is a Septoplasty does not involve changing the shape of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a purely cosmetic procedure designed to improve the ‘appearance’ of the nose, rather than functionality. It would be best to schedule a consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to address your concerns and ultimately determine what procedure would be best for you.