Rhinoplasty surgeons in NYC?

Hey so, I have a question who in NYC can remove the Alar Base reduction and narrow a nose for a White Caucasian Male with thick skin.

Doctor Answers 5

Photos needed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You really need to supply photos to help us answer your question but in short ANY accomplished rhinoplasty surgeon can help you

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for nasal narrowing with thick Caucasian nasal skin.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cconsider re-asking your query with photos for a more definitive answer. When the nasal tip skin is thick, division of tip cartilages with cartilage support and a possible tip graft may be necessary for achieving a narrower nasal tip appearance. Thank you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

Your nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would need to see you and know what the problem is. I am a doubly board certified Plastic Surgeon and ENT and specialize in rhinoplastic surgery. We offer a complimentary consultation.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Alar Base Reduction - Male Patient

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is important that you are evaluated in person so that it can be determined to what degree the thickness of your skin will impact your result. Please choose carefully when searching for a surgeon, and my best advice is to find a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in rhinoplasty surgery. Study his or her reviews, his or her education, and his or her hospital affiliations. 

Alar base reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. Decreasing the width of the alar base can be performed in the right patient.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.