Rhinoplasty - is this possible? (Photo)

So my question is pretty easy, I am showing you celebrity pics not to get their exact nose but something similar to the shape. My main concern about my nose is how wide is and the shape. Could I get a straight nose like the pictures I have showed you. Keep in mind not exactly like it, What I would want basically is a straight nose and a sharp view from the side is that possible with my nose. I completely understand if it is not but it doesn't hurt to ask? Also what approach open or closed?

Rhinoplasty

In reviewing your photo and the photos of the shape that you would like to achieve , it appears that you would likely be able to reach your goal. It is essential to have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that could perform an exam and evaluate your nasal structure and skin thickness to give you an accurate opinion on the results that could be expected following rhinoplasty. I do think that you would be a good rhinoplasty candidate from the information that you have provided.  

Naperville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - is this possible?

Thank you for your question and photos

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Preparation :

Rhinoplasty operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 1 hour. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. An in-person evaluation would provide much more helpful advice for you.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty - is this possible?

The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a possible septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery. Good results can be achieved through either a closed or open approach.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it  based on  limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in
person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. From what I can tell in your photo, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. This can be performed through either an open or close rhinoplasty depending on the surgeons technique and preferences. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

One would have to see you in person to know what is possible. I do closed rhinoplasties and do try to narrow your nose and give you what you want. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thinner nose...

You do have some wideness to the nasal tip. The first celebrity pic you showed has a nose that is probable thinner than we can get it, but the second one is more reasonable. You sound like you have reasonable expectations in that you don't want their exact nose, but something in that direction. And even though you might not have their exact nose in the end, a well performed rhinoplasty will leave you with something definitely better.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Limitations of rhinoplasty

The simple answer to your question is that the result of rhinoplasty is limited by your anatomy.  Rhinoplasty works with living tissue and is not as simple as carving clay or stone.  From what I can see in your picture your nasal envelope is a lot thicker than either of the celebrities whose noses you admire.  The nasal skin can be thinned to a certain extent but ultimately will prevent you from achieving the sharp and angulated appearance you desire.  The nasal cartilages can be shaped and cartilage grafts can be added to your tip, to give you greater definition, but ultimately you can get closer to your ideal, but even in the best hands, you wouldn't end up with sharp, thin nasal appearance of the photos. 

Patrick Simon, MD
Rockford Facial Plastic Surgeon