Rhinoplasty in NYC?

I have a very broad question who in NYC Manhattan does the most Tip refining rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty. I have a wide nose and the doctors say that I need a open rhinoplasty and tip rhinoplasty. Based on that who do you recommend in NYC to see who performs a lot of them. Please give me good recommendation doctors to see, I don't want a botched job so then I need another rhinoplasty. I just want one and done so who in NYC Manhattan is the best in this field?

There is not one best in manhattan. Also never believe that  you have to have your nose done by an open technique. There are many older plastic surgeons who have done noses for years and know how to do a tip via a closed techniques. Go for a couple of consultations and chose one. 

Rhinoplasty in NYC

There are many excellent rhinoplasty surgeons in NYC.  I suggest picking a few out and going for consultation and look at some of their results in the office. Best of luck!

Best Rhinoplasty Doctor In NYC - How To Find?

Yours is a good question.  Ten years ago, it was very difficult for the public to find the best doctors unless they might have had a friend or family member refer them to someone with whom they've had a personal experience.  Now, thanks to the Internet, it is a bit easier, because you have websites at your fingertips with before-and-after photos, review sites and forums, and you can research educational backgrounds, years of experience, and hospital affiliations.  A good rhinoplasty surgeon should be board certified, perform many rhinoplasties a month, and should be able to show you many before-and-after photos during your consultation.  He or she should listen carefully to your needs, and never "tell you what you need" but should listen to what you want.  Remember:  this is the nose you will live with for the rest of your life!  I always encourage people to do their research carefully.  In my practice I perform many revision rhinoplasties on patients who have had bad experiences elsewhere, and so, knowing that not every surgeon can tackle every rhinoplasty, I suggest you be very informed and do your research carefully!

Finding the right surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD