Rhinoplasty - what would need to be done to achieve this look? (Photo)

Now I never do this because you can't copy someone look but anyways is it anywhere possible that my nose could get slimmed down to something like that or is it impossible through a rhinoplasty. As you can see my nose is wide on the tip so what would need to be done to achieve that look if it is even possible? I want a straight slim nose can I get that through a rhinoplasty or is not possible?

This is absolutely not possible . You look to have thicker skin so some refinement is possible but likely less than you would like and you must be comfortable with that before proceeding 

Narrowing a nose

Probably the most important issue is the interplay between skin thickness and cartilage strength. Thick skin and weak cartilage will limit the amount of narrowing that can be achieved. That being said, weak cartilage can be grafted and thick skin can be thinned surgically and post operative my with steroid and or fluorouracil injections. You may not able to get the exact nose you desire, but you should be able to get something close. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty may be considered for achieving a narrower nasal appearance.

Your photo shows you may have thicker skin than the model you posted with your desired result. Consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what to expect after rhinoplasty. Thank you.Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have seen the fotos you posted.  A rhinoplasty can give you a thinner more refined nose however nowhere near as thin as the picture you sent.  Your skin is thicker than the models.  You look to be in your mid to late teens. As you mature your face will also and your bonestructure of your face and jaw will change and improve.  So a rhinoplasty can help but you have to have realistic expectations.  Seek out a consultation with a surgeon to see what can be done.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can give you a smaller and slimmer nose. You do have a thick skin envelope and that may limit how refined the final result would be. Through an open rhinoplasty, one can thin the skin and would help.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. From what I can tell in your photos, you would benefit from an open rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD