Rhinoplasty under sedation NYC. (photos)

I am looking to get rid of my big bulky tip of my nose. How can, I do this without going under general anesthesia. I want this big bulky tip gone. How can I do this can it be done under sedation or local though a closed rhinoplasty or would it need to be done through an open rhinoplasty. I am looking again just to get rid of the big bulky tip of my nose any advice how that can be taken off.

Rhinoplasty under local anesthesia

You can absolutely have your tip modified to an appearance that you are more comfortable with.  I think that the photo of the model that you have provided would be a little out of reach as he has a very thin and sculpted face that is difficult to recreate and if that is your expectation I think that you may be disappointed with even an excellent rhinoplasty result.  In terms of sedation, I have found that young men have a much better surgical experience while under general anesthesia.  Sedation with local anesthesia can also be used but I find that there is no airway protection if any bleeding should occur during surgery, and young men require an enormous amount of IV medications for sedation, which takes away some of the safety.  Open versus closed rhinoplasty will have more to do with your surgeons preference and in part the complexity of your nose.  

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

You don't need general anesthesia for a rhinoplasty.

Of course it can be done under IV sedation. You'd still be asleep and wouldn't know what happened, but you don't need the gasses and the tube down your throat.

Open or closed depends on the preference of the surgeon. I always use the open approach for wide tips, because I can see the cartilages, see what's making them wide, see any unexpected asymmetries, etc. The tiny scar heals great and is no disadvantage.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty under sedation NYC.

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 1 hour

Your nasal t ip

IT can be done under sedation with a closed approach -- imaging may be useless if your skin is thick you may not be able to get it as refined as your photo shows. You need an in person consultation first. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, that way they can perform a physical examination of your nose and give you the most acute advice. From what I can tell from your photographs, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. These incisions can be made discretely on the inside of the nose if you would prefer a closed rhinoplasty. This procedure can be done under local anesthesia and oral sedation but make sure you mention this during your consultation to ensure that the surgeon is comfortable performing that method. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Big bulky nasal tip

In your case the nasal skin is thick and it will be difficult to achieve a well defined tip as seen in the model's photograph. However, the tip can be improved to some degree. It can be done under local anesthesia with mild sedation. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Anesthesia Worries

Why do you want to avoid general anesthesia? You will certainly be more comfortable if you are fully asleep.  That being said, it is certainly possible to do a FULL rhinoplasty under sedation and local anesthesia.  If you were my patient, I would encourage general anesthesia.

Best of luck to you!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty under sedation NYC

Hi,

Yes it is possible to correct you bulbous tip under local sedation. In my opinion, its actually safer and has a faster recovery time than general anesthesia. Computer imaging is essential to evaulating potential results.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  For the best result, I recommend general anesthesia.   Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD