How to remove this horrible stain? (Photo)

I've had this thing on my teeth for as long as I can remember. It's nothing but a self esteem issue. I've gone to dentists about it to see if they could do anything, but they don't help at all. They've also said it was inside of the tooth or something like that. I'm going to a new school this year, and I actually want to make friends. I don't want people to be looking down at my teeth anymore. Please help me find a way to cover it or make it less noticeable at home. Thank you so much.

Doctor Answers 2

Decalcification on Front Tooth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You can either do composite bonding or a porcelain veneer.  Discuss with a cosmetic dentist.  Good luck.  

Tooth Stain

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi,  I treat "stains" like this all the time. It's not actually a stain but an imperfection in your enamel covering the tooth. I would typically need to drill slightly into the tooth ( not painful) to remove most if not all of the coloration, then fill it in with the correct tooth shade. The tricky part is to match the color correctly. I'm sure there's a dentist in Manhattan that can do it. You don't need to live with your tooth looking like that!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.