Radiesse under eyes - 2 weeks ago - anything can be done? New York

I had radiesse injected under eyes 2 weeks ago and am experiencing bumps and purplish/greyish discoloration. I am concerned that my body is rejecting radiesse, it was also injected in the cheeks. Anything I can do? Very concerned about formation of granulomas at this stage. Feeling devastated. Would you recommend steroids? Massage? Laser? Anyone is willing to even look at me in NYC?

#fillercomplication

Radiesse is not the best filler for lower eyelids. Nonetheless it is preferred by some doctors. I deal with a lot of filler complications. would be happy to see you if you wish to come in for a consult. without a thorough examination of the areas its difficult to say what the best option is for you, but it can be made better. there are videos on my Youtube channel that you can watch

What can be done about problems with Radiesse bumps under the eyes.

Radiesse is a good filler for the cheeks, chin and other areas where it could be placed deeper. It is not tolerated in the under eye area. Massage and steroids could be tried, but ultimately it may have to be surgically removed 

Bumps After Radiesse

I suggest you see your physician what you are describing is not normal for radiesse.  This would need additional treatment with radiofrequency, saline injections, subcision to help if it truly was the radiesse product itself.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse under eyes post two weeks

Radiesse is not usually placed under the eyes where skin is very thin and multiple veins exist. It is a thick filler used mainly under cheeks, nasolabial folds and marionette lines as well as chin and sometimes nose. 

At this point massage is still important. Eventually the filler will be metabolized. No other treatment should be attempted. Be patient and most of your present appearance will resolve. Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Not Recommended For Use Under The Eyes; But Help Possible

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this problem, which no doubt, unfortunately, is putting a big damper on your Thanksgiving. There may be some elements of residual tissue swelling and bruising even at this stage that may yet resolve on their own. Radiesse, which is a bulky product best reserved for lifting and contouring the cheeks, jawline, and chin, is not intended for use directly under the eyes where the skin very thin and delicate. Hyaluronic acid-based injectables, such as Belotero and Teosyal Redensity II, are preferred for the superficial injections required in this very delicate region. The additional problem is that a calcium-based product is not amenable to being dissolved with hyaluronidase, the way hyaluronic acid injectables are. That having been said, I have had success in the past in speeding the breakup and removal of Radiesse using subcision, saline injections, and the injections of certain anti-inflammatory agents. Massage and laser are unlikely to be of much value. Should you wish to pursue this further, my office is located in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and we will be in the office this Monday morning following the Thanksgiving weekend. In the meantime, try to enjoy the holiday as best you can. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD