Oral gum nerve damage from wisdom tooth extraction. Can Botox injections help?

Can botox imjections help with swelling, numbness and pain in lower and upper gum. Mostly upper is the worse. Rotates everyday, fom upper to lower gum, left side.

Botox is not indicated to treat swelling, numbness, or pain

Thank you for your question Denise959694. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox is not indicated to treat swelling, numbness, or pain. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox Can Help with Pain

Botox can help nerve pains in some instances. I have not tried after oral surgery.  It will not help with swelling.
Hopefully you are in early recovery and things will continue to improve with time and not require any treatment.  Not sure when the surgery was performed.
Antinflammatories such as Advil will help swelling and pain.
Good luck.

Pain from oral surgery

I have had several patients who have complained of the very same problem and unfortunately nothing has helped them.  If you find that Botox or something else helps please keep us posted.  Wish you the best, Dr. Green