Neck and chin lipo or neck lift? (Photos)

Hello! I am 37 years old and the turkey nekc is really bothering me. Will lyposuction work or do I need a neck lift? Thank you!

Neck and chin lipo or neck lift?

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  From these photos the excess fat and skin appears just beneath your chin and doesn't extend down the anterior portion of the neck.  This means a full Neck Lift wouldn't be warranted.  The excess fat and skin can be removed using a small curved, incision placed under the chin.   I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.

Start with lower chin/neck area lipo

Difficult to fully assess from these photos, but the angle of your neck extending to your chin still looks fairly sharp (not surprising at age 37). The isolated pocket of fullness - especially if easily pinched - would likely respond nicely to limited liposuction via a small incision below the chin, which should only take about half an hour.  Post-op compression wrapping (especially at night) is key, and will help you get better/quicker results.

Hello,From the photos it looks like you would benefit from ccj liposuction and platysmal plication.Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Neck liposuction versus neck lift

In our practice, liposuction of the neck involves removal of the fatty deposits above muscle. When patients desire significant refinement of the jawline, and have fat deposits located below the muscle, a necklift is performed. The  fatty deposits underneath the  muscle are surgically removed in addition to a platysma plasty procedure. No skin removal is necessary at age 37. For more information and many examples, please see link and the video below

Neck chin lipo

you could benefit from icrocauula liposculpture of the area.  In my hand I have done and gotten amazing results.   A physical exam is essential.  Thanks

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD