What can I do to my lips? (Photo)

For some majestic reason I have asymmetry in almost everything and my lips are one of them. My philtrum protrudes a little causing my upper lip to stick out and I also have asymmetry. I want a surgical procedure that would give me the same fullness I would get from the second picture with my fingers pushing my philtrum in.

Lip Asymmetry and Correction with Fillers

Your lips would be ideal for a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane.  It would definitely give you the lip augmentation that you are looking for.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise with these fillers for the best results. 

Your upper lip should be smaller than your lower lip when considering lip augmentation.

Most people are born with a larger lower lip, as compared to the upper lip. When considering lip augmentation, it may be more attractive to enhance the size of both of your lips to keep a natural-looking appearance.

In our practice, we typically prefer top use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent lip augmentation.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper lip asymmetry

Dena
while physical exam is ideal, I do have a good idea from your photos. You have several options to make your lips fuller, and those include fillers (temporary) or fat transfer(more permanent). The asymmetry may also be addressed. See a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with lip procedures.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD