I want a non-invasive/dermal filler approach to eliminate sausage cheeks & deepening nasolabial folds. What is the best? (Photo)

Hi there! I am a 27 year old female. I am considering getting Voluma and Juvaderm. I have fluctuated in weight several times the last 5 years. I think weight flux and sun exposure have effected my skin and nasolabial folds and I hate the separation. For that I am considering Voluma but am curious if there is a different non-invasive dermal filler I should be considering? I also would like to get something done to make my lips fuller, especially my upper lip. What is best? Thank you!

Voluma & Volbella

Voluma is specifically designed to lift the mid-face/cheek area which will definitely improve your nasolabial folds. In terms of your lips, the latest injectable is called Volbella and it was specifically designed to add plumpness and treat lip lines in a completely natural way. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

I want a non-invasive approach to eliminate sausage cheeks and deepening NLF. What is the best?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Both Voluma and Juvederm are part of the hyaluronic acid family of dermal fillers and work well at facial rejuvenation. Voluma can help add fullness to your cheeks while elevating the tissues to help improve your nasolabial folds while Juvederm Ultra Plus works well at enhancing lip volume.  If you have any Juvederm left over you can use it to further improve your smile lines after Voluma.  Hope this helps.

Voluma

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. Voluma is a great HA filler that works great in cheeks for a more fuller/lifted appearance. Juvederm fillers are great for a fuller lip appearance. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma would be perfect

Voluma is a safe long-lasting reversible HA filler that can be used in a number of ways to sculpt the face. I would recommend finding a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon in your area who has expertise in fillers to discuss your goals with.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma would be perfect for a lift

Voluma is a fabulous filler and would be the perfect product to add to lift up your cheeks and add volume.  Juvederm or Restylane would be terrific for your lips as well.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler choices

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you are a great candidate for Voluma or a range of other hyaluronic acid fillers to help with your nasolabial folds. To me, you can use a bit more volume in your upper face - the malar region (especially centrally). This will help to lift your cheek, and to help smooth out your nasolabial fold. I like to build the upper face first, which creates a natural lift to the lower face. If you feel as though your cheeks are full enough, you can directly fill your nasolabial folds - I like to use Juvederm; it plumps nicely, and is less palpable (or able to be felt) than Voluma. Regarding your lips, Juvederm would also work nicely. It fills out the lips nicely, feels and looks natural. Restylane or Restylane silk can also work; it depends on your goals, and what your injector feels comfortable with. Best of luck!

Lip volume

Dear LAtoNYC3:

Welcome me to the Big Apple!

Your upper lip is indeed smaller I relation to the lower lip than it might be for a harmonious impression. A very small amount of a smooth hyaluronic acid filler that does not cause much swelling, such as Beletero or Juvederm Ultra, would create a subtle but very pretty effect to your already well-shaped mouth.

in terms of your facial volume, Perhaps in person you could describe what troubles you more effectively. Your cheeks look pretty terrific to me!

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Juvederm and Voluma

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  In general, a nice, natural correction of age-related facial volume loss can be achieved with Juvederm and Voluma.  They are both hyaluronic acid based fillers, and both are excellent products.  Voluma is thicker, designed for a deeper injection in the midface, and typically lasts for up to 2 years.  There are different formulations of Juvederm, designed for optimal results depending on the anatomical region of the face to be treated, including the lips.  Juvederm results typically last for up to 1 year.  Based on your photographs, it looks like your main issue is slight volume loss in the lower third of your face (from your nose down), which could be nicely corrected with Juvederm only.  You appear to have natural fullness remaining in your cheeks, particularly when you smile, so I would suggest judicious use of Voluma, if at all.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Lips

I think you will love having more of an upper lip- I use Juvederm Ultra Plus- it will give more volume & also hides your gums when you smile.

You are a very pretty girl- with a great smile- less is more- I am not sure about Voluma in your cheeks- start with the lips & go from there- that is going to be the biggest difference from the pictures.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon