Rhinoplasty grafts and eating.

I cant seem to come to a conclusion and am extremely frustrated and depressed. I am 3 months post op from a second revision rhinoplasty. I had this last surgery because of a columella strut that was very bothersome. It clicked and grinded and was bouncing around and could be seen through my skin in the upper lip area. I got it trimmed and sutured to the caudal septum. Now 3 months post op the strut feels mobile.. if i eat like an apple I feel it move around and it still clicks and grinds :(

Columella strut

That is part of the problem with struts. Certain maneuvers can cause it to click.   It is placed for support for many patients. Best of luck.

Some clicking columellar struts may be repaired with an in-office procedure.

If your columellar strut is rubbing against the bone of your premaxilla, shortening of the CStrut may be considered via a small incision under your upper lip. This may be curative and without downtime, depending on your condition. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon