Is fraxel laser the best result for my skin acne scars? (photo)

I'm looking to meet up with doctors who understands acne scars, preferably around midtown area and that offers free consultations. I am paying it myself so I don't want to pay those $300 just for a consultation fees, I'd rather put that a side with the treatment.
Here is a link to our RealSelf Doctor Finder.

NO. Always treat the scar type and NEVER rely on a machine.

The web reference explains in great detail why one treatment is not the 'best' treatment for acne scars, especially your scar type. 

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel Laser for Scars

Thank you for your question.  I do believe Fraxel is a good option for your acne scars.  Often I combine Fraxel with PRP to enhance the benefit.  With your skin type, you could even go for a more aggressive option such as fractional CO2 or erbium, which will have more downtime but less number of treatments required.

Good Luck!

Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD