Chin Implant.

When u get a chin implant they come in different sizes Small, medium and large. If a surgeon is giving you 10 millimeters what size is that considered also how much definition will it give a huge amount or a small amount?

When u get a chin implant they come in different sizes Small, medium and large, so what's a 10 millimeter one?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  A 10 mm projected implant is most likely a large or extra large which I have rare used over the past 30 years.  

Hope this helps.

Chin implant

It really depends on which implant you are choosing.  The common implants used are either silicone or medpore. Implantech silicone  implants have a catalogue on line which may be helpful.
1 cm is considered significant anterior projection.

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

The specific make and style of implant will determine if 10 mm is a medium, large or extralarge. 10mm is 1 cm which should give a nice amount of enhancement for most patients. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a chin implant

Without an exam or atleast photos your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation