I am 3 months post op and my breathing is not the best?

I am 3 months post op and my breathing is not the best. My surgeon (not a facial plastic surgeon) said everything looks good inside but there is some inflammation maybe allergies. I have a lot of trouble breathing. I have went to two ent's and they each recommend diff sprays which did nothing. My surgeon told me to use afrin..it helps but i cant use it everyday. It is hard to breathe without afrin. Should i see an allergist instead of ent???

Post op swelling

At 3 months post op, you are definitely still swollen which could be affecting your results. Have you been assessed in person by your surgeon? If not, do so. And yes, if things don't improve, I would see an allergist. It certainly couldn't hurt if this is an ongoing issue for you.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Post op breathing difficulty

Discuss the problem with your surgeon as a first step. If it is a problem of mucosal swelling it will respond to a steroid spray (there are several on the market). The vast majority of airway issues improve after medical management. Occasionally revision surgery is required to improve airway issues. The problem needs to be carefully evaluated.

You may have internal swelling. Follow up with your operating surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD