Breast reduction and breast lift or breast implant? 32D

I am 18 I weigh, 107 lbs. My breast size is a 32DD. My breast sag a bit but in bras they lift and look huge & it makes my body look unporportional because I am small and I have barley no fat anywhere else but my breast. It causes me severe back and shoulder pain because of the bras I wear and the weight of my breast. I really want a breast reduction but I don't want them to still have that sagging look, I want them to look firm. I'm thinking of getting them reduced to about a big B, small C cup

Breast Reduction

I think you would benifit from a Breast Reduction/Lift.  Depending on the size, shape, soft tissue dynamics, you may benifit from an implants as well.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction surgery

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing so much pain from the weight of your breasts. Many of my breast reduction patients are just like you - their large breasts cause them pain, are unproportional to the rest of their body, and are saggier than they want. Luckily, breast reduction procedures can help fix all of these issues! Without seeing pictures of you, I cannot provide exact surgical recommendations on a breast reduction vs lift. I recommend you consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures. After an in-person consultation you will have a much better idea of what surgery is best for you and what sort of results to expect. Best of luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Breast reduction

You sound like a good candidate for a breast reduction, but you would need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated. All he best.

Achieving goals with breast reduction surgery…

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.