Age 19, what is best solution to moderate to severe hair loss?

I'm 19 years old going to be 20 in March. I've been balding since age 16. It is very noticeable. The left and right side in the front are completely bald. The remaining front is very thin, almost gone and can see right through it. I had many people who noticed this weekend as I went out this weekend. What kind of solution can I look at? Thank You

Thinning hair at young age- you need a master plan

It would be best for you to see a hair transplant specialist to have a formal evaluation.  Preferably you should have a microscopic evaluation of the scalp and hair in order to predict your future hair loss. In addition to the information obtained on your miniaturization study, your family history of hair loss will help your doctor to come up with a master plan.  You likely will benefit from starting finasteride to help you keep what you have. 

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Solution to hair loss

There are several reasons why hair loss starts to occur. An in-person consultation with an experienced surgeon will give you an accurate assessment of your condition. An evaluation based on pictures of your head from different angles may also be performed in order to provide you with more details.  I recommend the use of Finasteride to prevent future hair loss, particularly if MPB runs in your family.

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Best solution to moderate to severe hair loss

of course the answer is  hair restoration surgery may use toppic for covarage the bald spot for moment/weelend party  but I advise you to have a FUE operation of 2200-2300 will determine frontal hair line and debade with you to decide level of new hairline.  Hair transplantation would cover all bald spot in one session of operation and you would have a good, succesfull result. Operation takes about 6-7 hours under local anestesia.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

The Best Hair Loss Solutions

I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation. There are many different non-invasive options for treating hair loss including progesterone and PRP injections to the scalp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Losing hair at 19

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having throughout your head. With this much balding at 19, you may develop an advanced pattern of balding which, if you should transplant it too early, might leave you with an abnormal look as you run out of hair from transplants.  You must likely have early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon