Am I a good candidate for the short scar vertical technique lollipop scar? (Photo)

Hi. I have been considering a breast reduction for some time now. I have been looking up a lot of different techniques that are used and I was wondering if I would be a good candidate for the short scar vertical technique? I am 19 years old, 168 lbs and 4 ft 10. I am currently losing weight in order to take off extra fat to figure out the perfect cup size for me.

Vertical lollipop reduction

You might be a good candidate for a vertical reduction using a lollipop incision approach.  You would have to be examined in person.  Best of luck.

I would say you are a perfect candidate for the anchor scar this will provide you
better results based on your photograph
best of luck !

Full reduction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full anchor type scar breast reduction. I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with a short scar technique.

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based upon the photo a full breast reduction procedure would be your best option. A short Scar  or vertical type breast lift it would be not be adequate to fully reshape you and correct the degree of breast ptosis that you have.It is common for patients to want the least amount of scarring possible and that is understandable. However you do have to select the right operation for the right patient.And in this case a full breast lift using the anchor type scar would be your best option.You should see several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure that any health care conditions you have are managed by your primary care doctor.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction technique

Because of the size of the breasts and degree of ptosis, you would not be a candidate for the short scar technique. Much of the anchor scar is hidden in the infra-mammary crease. Also bear in mind that most photos you are seeing are in the early phases of healing and may not represent the ultimate result.

Short scar ?

I think you would have a much better result with the anchor incision. We keep the scar in the inframammary crease quite short -- but it gives you a much better result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

No

You would not be a candidate for a vertical scar mastopexy/reduction, but keep in mind that the horizontal scar can be kept quite short and hidden. We do this all the time. Best of luck. Thank you for your question.

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for the short scar vertical technique lollipop scar?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo which demonstrates very large sagging breasts, you would be a better candidate for an anchor shaped (Wise-pattern) breast reduction technique.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Candidate for a Vertical Breast Reduction?

Thank you for your picture.  In my opinion you would not be a candidate for the vertical technique because you have a fair amount of tissue that needs to be removed to achieve the best shape and size possible.  You are a better candidate for an anchor incision for your reduction.  Best wishes