What kind of filler do you sugest for laugh lines? I'm 41, never had any fillers or surgery! (Photo)

Im looking into doing juvaderm, do you think thats the best option or are there better fillers for my lines

Nasal labial folds

Hi babybbrown

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on the photo you would be a good candidate for fillers in the nasal labial folds and possibly Voluma in your cheeks. Voluma in your cheeks will you give your more volume in your upper face and will help with your nasal labial folds. I personally like HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers.  Juvederm would work great and is a wonderful product to start off with.  The good thing about HA fillers is results are instant and reversible if you do not like them.  Its best that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or expert injector to find you treatment plan.  Best of luck

Which fillers for laugh lines

Many fillers can be used nicely, safely & effectively for the laugh lines. The choice often depends on age, depth, etc. In your case, one of the Juvederm or Restylane family of fillers would be perfect. They are made of hyaluronic acid which is natural and also reversible if you had any issues with the filler, which is rare when injected by an expert such as a dermatologist.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Laugh lines

Judging by your photos, I would recommend Juvederm XC injectable. This is a colorless hyaluronic acid filler that is injected to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the body that delivers nutrients, hydrates the skin by maintaining water, and acts as a cushioning agent. The gel also contains a small amount of lidocaine to numb the treatment areas during the injection procedure. This lidocaine helps make this a more comfortable experience.
Hope this helps! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

What kind of filler do you sugest for laugh lines? I'm 41, never had any fillers or surgery!

Hi, from the attached photos, the cheeks are very flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in front and below the cheeks, the chin is very weak and there is evidence of jowl formation.  The lack of cheek volume, in the front, increases the sagging tissues that create the nasolabial folds.  These combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.   I would combine facil liposuction for further definition and shaping of the cheeks.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance that makes the nose appear larger, the lower face short and the mid face appear top heavy. Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.

Jowls are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured.  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

Hope this helps.

Juvederm for Laugh Lines

Juvederm would be the perfect product item to inject into the nasolabial lines.  You could also benefit from Juvederm Voluma to give added volume to the mid-face and decrease the nasolabial folds more.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers

A Hyaluronic Acid filler in the Juvederm or Restylane family would be great for you to start with in these areas. Hyaluronic Acid fillers are reversible if you do not like the effect of them. These fillers look very natural as well and are great for the nasolabial folds. I would recommend you see a board certified Dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a consult.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juvederm is a good place to start

Based upon your photos, it appears that you would benefit from the injection of a filler.  Juvederm is jelly like substance that you inject in the skin to help fill up the wrinkle.  It lasts about 6-9 months.  You should make an appointment for an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options.  Good luck!

Filler choice for laugh lines

Many fillers may be injected safely into the laugh lines or nasolabial folds to produce results.  Often, it is also advisable to inject above these tissues into the cheeks to provide a lifting effect to the tissues and a smoother, younger appearance.  Choice of filler depends on many factors such as depth of line and volume loss.   Make sure to seek out and expert in facial injectables and have a frank discussion about expectations and results prior to treatment.  Selection of the product to be used should be made based upon a good consultation with your face in mind.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

HA fillers

I think most of us agree that HA fillers are best- I like cross linked HA fillers such as Juvederm VOLIFT or VOLUMA. Really nice to work with. Fine lines, I like Volbella. Restylane great filers, I'm not a fan of Emevel by Galderma. 

Freestyle filling is important - this is the term I use to fill areas that give you the best outcome. Sometimes filling in laugh lines is not the optimal look, always address WHERE the problem originates from, threat that area, and the look with be natural. Looking natural never goes out of fashion. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

What kind of filler do you sugest for laugh lines? I'm 41, never had any fillers or surgery

I think Juvederm or Restylane are both good choices for the laugh lines you have. Both last about the same time. I typically use Restylane more for injections in that area

Julio Garcia, MD