Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

If so, would it be a complicated procedure? What kind of improvement is reasonable to expect? Apologies for the radiator in the background.

Hi, based upon the attached photos your nose is a bit large with an over projected tip (sticks too far off of the face), is crooked (C-shaped) with a dorsal hump and wide nasal tip.  Rhinoplasty would be able to address these issues.  In addition, the chin is quite weak which makes the nose appear larger than it really is.  Chin Augmentation, with a chin implant, would provide harmony and balance to the entire lower face.  Choose your Rhinoplasty Surgeon based upon not only experience but their ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  Hope this helps.

Am I a Good Rhinoplasty Candidate?

Physically you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. You have relatively thin skin which always enhances the surgical result. Removing the hump and narrowing and refining your tip will make your nose more proportional to your fine surrounding facial features. Carefully select a rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural result.

Would I be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty?

Hello! Thank you for the question and photos. I believe that a rhinoplasty would certainly be a nice option for you in order to meet your goals and give better harmony to your face. The middle third of your face is dominated by your nose and some refinements made to create an aesthetically-pleasing nose for you and accentuate your periorbital region and cheeks/eyes.

Without an examination, it is difficult to give recommendations. However, refinement of the nasal tip and dorsum of your nose are techniques that I would suggest, given your photos. Working on the tip of your nose would be most suited to meeting your desires and creating an appearance that you describe. Shortening of your nose with upturning of the tip would also improve the appearance and likely meet your goals. Consultation with a board-certified plastic and facial surgeon well-versed in rhinoplasty is recommended. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Am I a good candidate for Rhinoplasty?

I have reviewed your photo's and feel you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. Among other aspects the hump can be eliminated and your nose made more narrow and less bolbous.

Fred Suess, MD

Yes, of course you're a good candidate

If I were able to demonstrate on a computer the kinds of change that I would recommend for your nose, I would lower the hump, and bring the entire nose, including the tip, back closer to your face.

Making those changes would make the nose look longer, though, so we'd raise the tip of your nose, so the nose doesn't look too long after surgery. 

It's hard to make changes, however, on photos this small. If you post larger photos, it'd be possible.

And yes, it would be a complicated procedure, because of the myriad changes that are on the list of things to do.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refinement of the nose with removal of the hump would certainly seem reasonable based upon your pictures.

Hi and thanks for your question. While no one can give medical advice from a series of photos, the pictures you submitted are typical of what many rhinoplasty surgeons see from their patients. It's unclear what you wish to change about your nose although I assume you dislike the bridge of your nose and small hump. My best advice is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty. Best wishes!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

You are an excellent candidate for an andonasal, or closed rhinoplasty. Seek a craniofacial plastic surgeon with expertise in this subcategory of nasal surgery.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Nose Reshaping | Rhinoplasty

Yes, you appear to be a good candidate for rhinplasty with dorsal hump reduction and osteotomies to close the dorsum

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump, over projected and bulbous tip, etc.

Having done rhinoplasty for 35 years you are the type of patient that I love to see come for a consultation. You have attractive Eyes and face only the nose deters from your overall appearance. A rhinoplasty to remove the hump slightly deproject  the tip, refine the tip and remove the hump etc. will give you a far more attractive and feminine nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this who does natural looking noses.