Am I a good candidate for mini brachioplasty? (photo)

39 years old not comfortable with my arms as I have some sagging and really ugly to wear short sleeves. Wondering if I am a good candidate for mini brachioplasty?

Arm lift

Based on your picture you posted,looks like you are a good candidate for a mini brachioplasty,consult with a board certified PS.

Kenneth Hughes, M.D.
Beverly Hills,CA.

Am I a good candidate for mini brachioplasty?

Thank you for the good question. Very few patients are a good candidate for the "mini" arm lift operation. Those patients have a very limited area of "excess" skin/adipose tissue close to the axillary area. The vast majority of patients who present with concerns regarding their upper extremity appearance, are better candidates for full arm lifting operations. Having said that, you may be a good candidate for a limited arm lifting procedure;  this determination will be best made in person after careful physical examination and a full communication of your goals/expectations.  Select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a plan to achieve your desired outcome.  

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, it appears that you would initially be a good candidate for a mini arm lift.  You would need an in person consultation and and exam to confirm a treatment plan.  Be sure to consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Candidate for a mini brachioplasty?

This is a very difficult question to answer from a photograph. A good examination by a board-certified plastic surgeon would allow the assessment of how much fat is actually present and what the quality of skin is like. There are different patterns of mini brachioplastys. You would have to sit down with a plastic surgeon and decide what scars you find acceptable and what your expectations are.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Brachioplasty?

Just judging from your photo, I would say yes.  You do not appear to have any significant skin/soft tissue
excess at your mid-upper arm.  Most of the loose tissue appears to be located higher up near the axillary (under arm) area.  This can usual be corrected well with a more limited incision at the axilla, avoiding the 
long inner-arm incision.  I would discuss this at length in an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Michael F. Bohley, MD