How long until swelling and bloating goes away after breast augmentation?

I had my breast augmentation 3 weeks ago I haven't had much pain the main concern I have is the swelling and bloating I have ever since the surgery my waist is a lot bigger and for some reason my hips and butt is smaller I am skinny but had a nice curve to me now I have box shape? Will my body go back to how it was

Thank you for the question. Most likely this is secondary to pain meds as you may have constipation. You can consider stool softners or magnesium citrate. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Abdominal bloating after surgery

This is usually due to either yeast overgrowth due to antibiotics or to new onset food allergies due to yeast (usually dairy and or wheat) and is treated with Nystatin oral solution for two to three weeks (swish and swallow).  In general, whenever you go on antibiotics, it is a good idea to go on antifungals to avoid these problems.  Most plastic surgeons know nothing about holistic medicine so they do not even understand this question.  If you are constipated, take Fleets enema and or Sinekot.  You can also try Core Pau de Arco and Micro Aloe Repair for natural anti yeast treatments.  Avoid sugar and carbs while on this program.

Susan Kolb, MD

Breast augmentation

Most swelling will come down in a few months.  You have to give it time to settle down. It really should not impact your waist and hips.

Post Op Bloating

Hello,Taking antibiotics post op can contribute to bloating. As well,  less mobility, medication and dietary changes can cause constipation. Typically, excess fluid in the system is reduced within the first few days but you may have issues in these other areas.All the best  

How long until swelling and bloating after breast augmentation goes away?

Thank you for your question. Recovery after a breast augmentation can be very straight forward with the right surgeon.  Precise technique with minimal trauma leads to little pain after surgery, with many of our patients going out for dinner the same night as surgery. Most of the swelling goes down in a month or so. The bloating is normally caused by the meds post op. If you have stopped taking the meds and the bloating continues then you should adress this to your chosen surgeon. wishing you a speddy recovery!

Swelling after #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery

Dear hello, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for your excellent question about swelling after your breast augmentation.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast augmentation surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.Your concerns about swelling and bloating are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS,   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bloating after augmentation

Your bloating is the likely result of fluid retention and/or constipation caused by pain medication. This should dissipate. It also takes time to adapt to your new body image and perceptiOn of your proportions after augmentation surgery.

Swelling after breast augmentation

Thanks for reaching out.  Swelling from your surgery should be limited to your breasts.  You can be bloated from being constipated if you are still taking narcotic pain medicine. I would see your physician for a complete evaluation.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

It is not uncommon for swelling in the abdomen after a breast augmentation, it is especially noticeable when you are thin.  This usually completely resolves by 6 weeks. Don't panic.  Jane

Every patients recovery is different after a breast augmentation.  However, bloating is most commonly a side effect of the narcotic pain medications frequently prescribed after surgery.  If the symptoms have not been decreasing I would give you surgeons office a call.  The healing process for your breasts may take up to a year at which time the scars have usually faded.  At 3 weeks post surgery you are still in the earliest phase of the healing process.