I feel like my nose takes over my face. Any suggestions? (photos)

what can be done to reduce size, i feels like its the focus of my face and takes away from my other features.

Rhinoplasty

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.  Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for improving the appearance of a broad, flat nasal appearance.

Everyone's nose widens with smiling, but if you're concerned by the width of your nose when in repose, you may consider consulting with an African American rhinopasty specialist so you could see what might be best for you.
Thank you.
Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose and smiling

Whenever someone smiles, there nose looks wider. This is often due to the pull of the surrounding muscle on the nose. If in repose (when not smiling), it appears wide, sometimes alar base surgery can narrow it enough to your liking. Best to come in for a consultation to be properly evaluated.

Your nose

You need an in person consultation to discuss what can be done for your nose. Changes can be made -- with the tip and dorsum if needed. but you need to be seen in person to know exactly what is best. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty Suggestions

You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery.  Surgery would help to reshape the nose, to allow it to be in better balance with the rest of your face.  The nasal dorsum (bridge) is currently low, and can be elevated with cartilage grafting to increase its height and definition.  The nasal tip is bulbous, and can be refined to look more streamlined.  The nostrils can also be reduced to allow the base of the nose to appearance less wide.  I suggest a consultation with a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon, to discuss your goals for surgery and see what surgery can offer you. Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

I feel like my nose takes over my face. Any suggestions?

Your nose looks wide and lacks projection and definition.   This can be addressed by a rhinoplasty that is sensitive to your race and ethnicity without changing who you really are.  The nose can be made more narrow to fit your facial features and the tip defined for a more refined look.  This can restore the harmony to your face that you are looking for.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon