Will breasts appear larger after my breast augmentation?

I got breast implants last week right now I think I am a small D. I don't notice swelling on the boobs just around them. I was an a cup with tight skin so as time goes on will the implant project more as everything loosens? I am not totally satisfied with the size and wish they were bigger. What should I expect as the weeks go on as far as sizing? Thanks

Breast size

thanks for your question. Breasts typically swell for the first two weeks post surgery then start to settle into their final size and shape. They tend to drop as the bottom skin portion stretches which reduces your upper pole fullness. The swelling In between and lateral to the breasts resolves which gives you more of a round appearance over the first 39 days. Your size at this point is constant Best of luckDr T

Swelling after breast augmentation

Typically after placing breast implants there is moderate swelling that lasts a few weeks.  Once this swelling resolves, the true augmented size of the breasts will be evident, and likely won't change much over time.

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to let you know what to expect as you heal. It is common for tissues to be tight soon after BA surgery and this can create pressure and cause slight up/outward displacement of implants- making them appear smaller. You can expect the shape and look of your breasts to change as they soften, drop and fluff. You will need to be patient for your final look.
All the best

Thank you for your question!  You should notice improvement in swelling and shape as the implants settle over the next several weeks and your final result may not be evident for a few months sometimes.  Try to hang in there on waiting during this early post operative period until your final result to see if it matches your goals.  Best of Luck!Dr. Tag

Breast augmentation

Having the chance to try implants on, using a Vectra imaging system and reviewing photos usually helps to determine the size that you anticipate. Albeit no one can predict exactly your impression after it is done. Your tissue has limitations as to what volume it will tolerate. The implant and breast change shape as time progresses. Enjoy your new look and good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast size changing after augmentation

Thank you for your question. Usually directly after breast augmentation the implants may seem to be higher on the chest and there may be some swelling which can give the impression that they are larger than they will be. At time goes on the implants will settle in place and the swelling will subside. Usually, the final outcome can take several weeks to months. It is unlikely, however, that the implants will appear larger and more projected than they are right now. Best of luck!

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Implants and appearance

Things may look a bit different as the implants settle and the swelling subsides. Best of luck with your results.

Pretty much the same

For the first week or so, your breasts will swell.  After than you get your definite size/shape.  With tight skin the nipple to crease is relatively short,  with your implant, that distance will increase and some of the fullness on top will decrease.
Almost 90+% of my patients wish they had gone bigger despite my encouraging them to do so!