Lump under skin a week after Juvederm. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had juvederm injected a week ago in my laugh lines and i seem to have a lump under the skin, it's more pronounced during different facial expressions. Isn't too bad when my face is relaxed! Just wondering if this will settle down or if I should see someone about it.

Thank you for your Question. It can take up to two weeks for all swelling to resolve and the filler to settle. Therefore, you could still see some improvement. However, if this persists I would recommend you return to your injector for an evaluation and possible hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler in that area. 

Orange County Dermatologist

Lump after Juvederm NLF injection

This should be evaluated by your provider. If it is filler, it could be dissolved with hyaluronidase. If this is a bruise, it will take more time to go down. I think it's filler.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lump after Juvederm

Hi beth287,

Thank you for your question and providing a photo. The short answer is twofold it may settle down or this may be how it is settling. To ease your mind it would be recommended to go and see the individual who did your injection and have an in person assessment. Wishing you well.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician