Do I need implants or a lift, mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello there. I have several consultations and each doctor has given me a suggestion on what I need done. I am 23 years old, no children, 5'5 and weigh 70kgs This is a result of extreme weight gain and loss due to medications over the last few years. I am no longer on medication. I really want to get my body enhanced to restore it as well as get my confidence back up! From my photos, does it looks like I need a lift, implants or both? liposculpture, mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck? Kind regards

Breast lift with implant and liposuction

Thank you for your question and pictures, you can benefit from a lift with implant for volume and shape and would recommend liposuction of abdomen, sides and back looks like you have good skin and it can retract nicely, please consult with a board certified PS,best of luck!

Lift or Implants, Mini or Full Tummy Tuck

Whether you should have a lift with or without implants will depend on your goals for size. A lift will only improve shape and though very little volume is removed it may give the impression of size reduction as well. Given your abdomen I would recommend liposuction only at this time (though it is important to assess abdominal muscle and skin laxity and quality of skin when making these decision, and that is difficult to do without an in-person consultation). This will likely result in a very good shape without the need for a tummy tuck, however, it will not preclude a future tummy tuck should you desire/need additional skin resection/tightening. Importantly, one can often use the fat from the liposuction to achieve an increase in breast size without an implant, should you so desire. Finally, it is important to make sure your weight has been stable for at least 3 months prior to surgery as continued significant weight loss leading to surgery may increase your risk of wound healing complications.

Nima (Nash) Naghshineh, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Implant and lift ? tummy tuck

Thanks for sharing your images and story

In your case I would recommend a best lift and implant. Thats the easy question answered

Regarding your tummy, I would go with liposuction only as you haven't had kids and the skin should retract nicely. Yes you can have a tummy tuck, but go with the simpler option first and I am sure you will be surprised how good the results will be

I hope this helps and good luck

Implants or a Lift, Mini Tummy Tuck or Full Tummy Tuck

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. 

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast and body contouring options

Thank you for the question and photos.  Which procedure or set of procedures would be ideal for you depends in large part on the result that you are trying to achieve.  Improvement with the least amount of scars may be best achieved with a mini tummy tuck and breast augmentation.  The best result will likely be a full tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and breast lift.  The first and most important part will be for you to truly define your goals and then communicate these (with photos if needed) to your plastic surgeon(s) you are consulting with.  They should be able to provide you with options and recommendations.

Good luck with your breast and body contouring options.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photos.

as i can see you are a great candidate for a MM.. a full tummy tuck to remove excessive skin combined with a lipo to mold your body figure, implants are optional but i would recommend you to take them because combined with a lift your breast will take a better contoured shape.

best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast lift with implants?? Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

Regarding your breasts:  In my office I would consider moderate sized implants and would discuss with you areolae reduction/limited lift to reduce the risk of your areolae widening from the implants, narrowing them and raising them slightly.  This is optional but advisable.

I'm uncertain whether you should consider a full tummy tuck at your age and unsure if you have adequate skin looseness for the procedure.  Another option might be liposuction at the present time if thick fat padding is present.  

Best and most accurate advice would be after a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your community.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Weight loss and body makeover

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based on the photos, a full tummy tuck would be recommended. Regarding the breasts you are borderline needing a lift. Only get the implants if you are unhappy with your size. That is a person decision more than an objective one. You appear to have a good amount of natural breast tissue already. One further option would be to do the lift and tummy with lipo, and then add some fat to the breasts. This is a good option for patients who are opposed to having implants, or just want a small amount of breast size increase. 

However, given your age, you might want to think about this. If you decide to have children in the future, there is a high probability that you will need all those procedures after pregnancy. If you decide to do this first, then have children in the future, you may develop more loose skin and breast sagging. That would require you to do these procedures twice. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

Hi- I'd likely recommend implants with a lift depending if you wanted increased breast size. I also generally recommend only liposuction prior to having children so you could likely avoid a revision in the future after your body accommodates the pregnancy. Congrats on the weight loss and good luck!! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon