I had a facelift 5 months ago. I have ended up with a double chin and no definite jawline.

My only issue was a little slackness around my jawline. I mean only a little. 6 months on after my facelift I have sunken temples, awful fatty kind of double chin and not really a jawline. I have lines that run from my neck up towards my chin that look like threads under the skin that look red and unsightly and they King of pull and hurt at times. Forehead feels uneven but the insertions finished before my temples. Please help, will the fat go and temples fill out ?

It is important to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Without posting before and after photos it is very difficult to make an evaluation of your case and give you an opinion. You may still have some swelling on the face and under the chin, and that can be part of the problem. The sunken temples may be an illusion from having more volume in the cheek, but I may be wrong. Talk with your surgeon about your concerns.

Thank you for the description and sorry for your problems which can be corrected but will require a full examination and review of records.  So see some experts in your area and start the process towards a revision

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Double Chin and Lack of Jaw Definition 5 Months after Facelift

It sounds like you have multiple problems which will not significantly change 5 months after your procedure. It is difficult to make specific recommendations without pictures but it does sound like a revision will be necessary.

Correcting a facelift with several irregularities

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The changes that you describe are difficult to assess with out physical examination. In the big picture, corrective surgery should await at least 1 year after your original surgery. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

After 5 months I believe there are not going to be major changes in your face.  If you provide some pictures we can advised you with more detail.

Face lift - poor result at five months

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• I am so sorry you have such a disappointing result.
  • Without at least before/after photos, one can't comment on what is going on.
  • I suggest you discuss this with your plastic surgeon and get several opinions as well to see what is needed.
  • It is possible that a lot of the trouble is swelling which will improve but without a careful examination, one can't really say.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Facial definition after facelift

By definition a facelift elevates and tightens the facial soft tissues. But if you do not have a strong chin and gonial angles preoperative to you facelift then the postoperative result may be limited. Many times I will add a chin implant or jaw angle implant at the time of facelift surgery.

Thomas Romo, III, MD, FACS
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. At five months, you should be in good shape.  I would recommend that you return to your surgeon and share your concerns.  I hope this helps.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

5 months after facelift

It's difficult to provide advice without photos, but based on your description, it sounds like you need to express these concerns with your plastic surgeon. You may simply need more healing time, or you may benefit from minor touch up procedures that will improve your final result. I wish you the best!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon