Will I need a Revision Rhinoplasty?

Hello. I'm 4 weeks post op, I had an open Rhinoplasty. Hump removal with tip refinement, I'm happy with my side profile but hate how the tip of my nose appears crooked in the front, could this be swelling? It seems to lean more towards the left. I never had a crooked nose before, so this seems odd on my face. Im trying to be patient, I see the swelling go down but no improvement in the crookedness of the tip :( is their hope of further improvement or will I need a revision? Thank you.

Revision rhinoplasty timing

Thank you for the question and your photos. It is very early to make decisions about revision. Typically the nose will take months to settle completely. It is recommended to wait a minimum of 6 months before making the decision for a revision -- and most surgeons prefer 12 months. Until then, I strongly encourage you to work with your surgeon. Massage, gentle steroid injections, etc. can be very helpful.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Determining need for revision rhinoplasty

Hello! At 4 weeks post-op, you will still certainly have expected post-surgical swelling and it is too early to determine if you will ultimately need a revision. It is not uncommon to have asymmetric swelling at this point as well, which can often make the nose look asymmetric or crooked. It will typically take up to 12 months for all of the swelling to resolve. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon who can follow your course and discuss options to help with the healing process. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon