Replacing implants - is it common to wait 3 months between removal and replacement and will this lessen chances of future CC?

I am 34, no children, slim build 5'8" & about to have 12 year old implants removed/replaced due to CC on one that started 3 years ago, it isn't terrible yet but is now pretty noticeable. My PS has advised waiting 3 months after removal to re-implant to reduce chance of CC, ensure any bacteria or infection is iradicated & to let the skin regain a bit of elasticity. Original was nipple incision 260cc over muscle. He has advised sub-pectoral crease. Will two surgeries worsen scarring in the crease?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. Capsular contraction can be a very frustrating complication for both patients and surgeons. It is not unusual to received different opinions from different plastic surgeons.  Ultimately you will need to do your due diligence and feel comfortable that the plastic surgeon you choose has significant/demonstrable experience helping patients with this type of complicated revisionary breast surgery.

I know of no science that demonstrates an advantage of doing the procedures in two stages.
In my practice, I have found the most success treating these difficult problems utilizing techniques such as sub muscular pocket conversion (if relevant), capsulectomy, use of fresh implants (I am not convinced that there is a difference with smooth versus textured implants as long as the breast implants are in the sub muscular position), and the use of acellular dermal matrix (especially for cases of recurrence). Acellular dermal matrix is a biologic implant that carries the ability to become integrated into native tissue. It is made by taking a full thickness section of skin from a donor source (his human, porcine, or bovine in origin).
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with.