Approximate cc rise per cup size and does sub-pectoral make a difference?

I am about to have 260cc high profile implants removed to be replaced in a few months time. I went initially from a 32A/B UK size to around 32D/DD/E depending on who measures... I will wish to go up a cup size or two and wondered (approx ball park figure if all things were equal) what size implant would give an increase in one and two full cup sizes? Thank you.

Implant volume to increase bra-cup size?

Thank you for your question. Please know that it is a common misconception that implant volume correlates with the bra cup size. A bra-cup size itself requires many measurements to describe it. As you already know, bra sizes clearly vary among manufacturers, and they can label the cup size by any designation they choose. So a C will be a D for another. Additional factors, such as demi and full cup coverage, specific fabrics, padding, and elastics, can all affect the fit of a bra. Complicating the situation further, your breast size may vary on a monthly basis because of menstrual cycles and weight gain and weight loss. Second, there is a confusion over sister sizers which complicates things. For example, a patient wearing a 34C may also fit into a 36B bra. Since you asked the question considering all things equal, then I think you might find it helpful to know that a study by Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Glicksman titled “Standardization of Bra Cup Measurements” has shown that the average implant volume required to increase the cup-size by 1 size is equal to 205 ccs. This does not apply to your case as you said that 260 ccs took you from A/B to D/DD. The missing factor is the profile of the implant. Since you had a high-profile implant which has a narrow base and high projection, your breasts were more augmented. The same sized implant with a different profile would have given you a smaller bra-cup size. So a better thing to do would be to bring your desired bra to your consultation and do bra-sizing trials with different implants to see if the implant in addition to your breast tissue would adequately fill the bra. Now, even though you may give importance to cup size designation, what should matter most is that the implant looks good aesthetically and that the chosen bra fits and feels comfortable. This is exactly why patients must have a consultation. I am assuming you have gone to a board-certified plastic surgeon, and they will assist you in choosing an implant that is more tailored to your breast characteristics in order to provide natural looking breasts. The implant has to fit YOUR body dimensions. The more you deviate from the proper fit, the more fake your breasts will look. Surgeons use what is called tissue-based planning. The planning takes into account the effects of implants on tissues over time, risks of excessive stretch, excessive thinning, visible or palpable implant edges, visible traction rippling, ptosis (Sagging), and breast tissue wasting. To determine the implant size, breast measurements must be made: 1) Base Width of the existing breast tissue, 2) skin stretch, and 3) Nipple-to-Inframammary Fold distance. The combination of these measurements will help determine tissue coverage and the required implant volume to optimally fill the breasts.   So please focus more on having full and natural looking breasts rather than trying to fit into a particular bra-cup size.     Hope this helps.

Greetings
Thank you for your question, Best is to consult this with a plastic surgeon in your area that can examine your breast and give the best advise.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I do not think that the generalizations of "150 cc or 200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or is helpful in any specific way. There are simply too many variables such as a specific patient's  dimensions and the variability in bra manufacturer's cup sizes… In other words, there is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "B or C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.