I'm 4 weeks post op full tummy tuck (Photo)

I'm 4 weeks post op full tummy tuck I don't see my nurse till next Wednesday, im just wondering if this looks normal, I've had inadine strip over it

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time,

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wound healing issues after abdominoplasty should be examined by your surgeon.

You appear to have a fairly deep wound after your abdominoplasty. It is very likely this is an emergency but for your own peace of mind you should be seen by your surgeon.

Wound care, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

I  recommend you to maintain the wound dry and clean. you can clean it with an antibacterial soap.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Delayed healing.

You have an area of wound separation and delayed healing that requires proper directed wound care. Please contact your surgeon's office to get specific advice. Good luck.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

That is a small area of delayed wound healing.  There may be a little tissue in there that needs debridement and there may also be suture material.  It is hard to tell from the photo.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon and they can supervise your healing.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon

4 Weeks Post-Op

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Now, given the amount of time that it takes for incisions and scars to completely settle you are still early in the healing process. If you find yourself concerned about this particular scar and a potential infection it would be best to visit your surgeon ASAP to have the area examined. Good luck.