Top lip still uneven after fillers? (photos)

As you can see on the picture my top lip is uneven, and after 1ml filler (excuse the bruising) it is a little more even but still not as even as I'd like. Should I get more filler to try and fix this and would I need another 1ml or 0.5ml? Also how long should I wait as I only had my lips filled 24 hours ago.

Uneven lips after filler

This all needs to settle down for about 10 days. If not to your expectations, please discuss with your doctor. It is not always possible to get the lips exactly symmetrical. See link please.

Final Result After Lip Augmentation With Filler

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  Icing is helpful for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also beneficial for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  After 2 weeks, if you continue to have any concerns, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Top lip still uneven after fillers?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on undergoing your lip filler procedure. It looks as if you will have a nice result when the swelling resolves.   With just having undergone your injections 24 hours ago it will be important to allow your results time to mature over 2-4 weeks before assessing your symmetry improvement.  Once your lips have settled you can decide if you need additional filler placed and if so you would likely need closer to 0.5cc than a full 1.0cc.  Hope this helps.

Lip Injections and Uneven Results

Its is best to wait two weeks after injections to see the results of the injections.  You cannot judge the results when you are bruised or swollen.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Uneven lips after filler

If you're still bruised from your procedure, then it's far too early to judge the final result.  Give it at least 2 weeks, then reassess.  If you're still asymmetric, then make an appointment to be seen.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm lips

It is best to wait a full two weeks for the filler to settle then return to your injector for a follow up.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Uneven lips

As you have just had this procedure done, it is far too early to begin assessing its final outcome.  Let the full effects of the treatment present.  Keep in touch with your injector and reschedule a follow-up in 2 to 3 weeks.  I would urge you to see a board-certified dermatologist for this issue rather than any type of med spa or nurse injector.  The technical questions your raising regarding dosing and timing can be properly addressed by a board-certified dermatologist who routinely performs these procedures.  Dr. Adrienne Stewart  MD FAA D

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven lips after Filler injections

Hello, Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I agree with my colleagues that you should wait another two weeks until the swelling has subsided and the bruising is gone to re-evaluate.  Arnica pills and topical gel will help make your swelling and bruising lessen quickly.  It looks like your lips are much more even than before the filler was injected. It might be best to let it settle for a few months rather than injecting more when you are trying to chase symmetry.  Every woman has slight asymmetry in the face, lips included.  Sometimes less is more.  Best wishes, Dr. B.

A.K. Bhattacharya, MD, FACS
Freehold Plastic Surgeon