Can revision help to reverse tip to pre op? (photos)

Rhinoplasty 2 months post op. Result so far are very dissapponting. My alar wings are flared out i had a incision on the outside which healed nice. I want a revision to make it look close as possible to my old nose. M side profile is very nice but front profile makes me depressed. I have lost sleep please advice me. I am aware i must wait after 12 months. Will my alar wings go back to normal? I use to have a flare ONLY when i smile but now its flared without smiling.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Changing the shape of the nose can take a little while to get used to. I would give it a year to allow the swelling to go down completely. You could have some filler placed into the tip of the nose if the healing process has progressed enough that the tip is soft. Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision #rhinoplasty

I agree that your nasal tip appearance is unacceptable. The tip looks pinched and the alae look large mostly due to the unnatural concave transition between the tip and alar subunits of the nose. This can be corrected with revision rhinoplasty. I recommend you seek expert consultation with a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Bradford A. Bader, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

You appear to have a nice result two months after rhinoplasty surgery.

your nasal tip looks refined, and mild asymmetry may resolve with time. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon