Piggy, nostril show help!

I have had my surgery rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. My nostril show so much in front profile. Literally everyone has noticed i have had a nose job. My bridge was broken down and my columella was tucked in straight and also had insicions on my alar wings from the outside. Healed well but i am so scared my tip will not fall straight. Will there be less nostril show? If so when will it start to change roughly?

Concerns after Rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon to have concerns during the early period following rhinoplasty. The nose is made up of several parts. After surgery there is swelling and it takes a full year for the nose to shift and settle. I would encourage you to set up a meeting with your doctor to discuss your concerns.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

It takes up to 6 months for the nose to settle after a procedure, usually 12 months before a revision rhinoplasty cvan be done. A lot of this can be caused by swelling postoperatively that is going away slowly. An in-person consultation is the best along with going back to the surgeon who performed your rhinoplasty.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op healing

I know that it is frustrating and a little scary to not have your final results right away. But be patient. It can take 3-6 months for the swelling to subside. I would advise you to wait until the 3 month mark and if you are still unhappy, schedule an appointment with your surgeon to be assessed in person. 

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nostril show

The appearance continues to change in the first 3 months. It is important to leave it alone for at least that long. Then you can discuss the possibility of any revision surgery with your surgeon. 

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon