Second opinion for a mastopexy implant?

Can I seek a second opinion on a mastopexy implant I had around 7 months ago, nipples are very low and I'm unhappy with the outcome, would the surgeon who performed the surgery take note of an opinion from another doctor ? A consultation I had today suggested my nipples were almost same position as the before photo and suggested that my consultant should perform a lollipop lift to rectify the problem at no cost to myself, although was adviced a charge may apply for the anesthetist

Second opinion

I would discuss this with your original surgeon and see what he will do.I don't think it is unreasonable to do a revision and only have you pay for OR/anesthesia costs.I do it with my patients because at the end of the day I want them to be happy.None of us are perfect.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Second Opinion

It is difficult to say without any photographs. I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your original Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns. They may be able to assist you without the need of a second opinion. 

All the best.

Second opinion

A second opinion could be a good way to find out if your expectations were realistic or not, but do make sure you see a doctor with significant experience. The opinion of the second doctor is probably not going to help your relationship with your first surgeon, and I would suggest to discuss your unhappiness with him/her in a non-confrontational way. Every doctor wants happy patients, so I am sure yours will be no exception and will make every effort to give you the result that you expected, if possible.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Second opinion for a mastopexy implant?

It is difficult to say without photos. You may want a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Second Opinion

Hello and thank you for your questions, and I hope you find the correct answers and get the result you are after. You can get as many second opinions and gather as much information about any additional recommended procedures as you like. Each surgeon will have their own set of policies in regards to fees for revision, anesthesia, facility and others and these are usually reviewed prior to surgery. It is best to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon so that you can have the best result possible. Best wishes.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision fees

I'm sorry to hear that the results of your breast lift is not what you expected. Most plastic surgery practices have established their own revision policy, and it's my opinion that this policy should be told to you as a patient before you're operated on so you know what to expect should something like this happen. It certainly you're right to get as many opinions as you want from different plastic surgeons. In the end, the operating plastic surgeon is probably going to do the procedure that he or she feels the most comfortable with. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Second opinion for a mastopexy implant?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated. Seeking a second opinion is definitely within your right and may provide you with additional information that is useful.  Each plastic surgeon will have their own policies regarding revisions but they do ultimately want you to be happy and should be willing to work with you on any additional work needed.  Best wishes

Relift needed

Hello and thank you for your question.  If your original surgeon is competent, they will not need advice from another surgeon and will do the right thing for you.  It is important to go over your pre-op and post-op photos with them and objectively evaluate your results. What you will need to pay is based on your agreement with your surgeon.  If you have doubts about the quality of work your surgeon performs, it doesn't matter what deal you get as surgery has risks and also requires a financial and time commitment. Make sure to get the work done by a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Original surgeon can weigh in on options

Thanks for your question. Without pre and postop photos it is very hard to comment. Hopefully you and your original surgeon can visit and discuss options. I don't do breast lifts for free. I always discuss the possibility of needing a lift with patients ahead of time. There are some cases that are truly borderline and we discuss that the lift can always be done in the future. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Second opinion for a mastopexy implant?

You are always entitled to get a second opinion for any medical problem.  With regard to whether or not there would be a cost for a surgical revision is solely the discretion of the providing surgeon.  I suggest you try to work with your original surgeon.  He/she will be in the best position to help you and will probably be able to offer you the lowest cost.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon