Is open rhinoplasty the only/best option? And what are the rough costs? (photos)

I've been for a consultation with transform. I've always known that my nose is far too big/ long for my face and that there is a small bump. My nostrils are too by too. They also highlighted the following issues; it's wonky/off centre, the tip needs changing, 1 side dips in more than the other. They suggested open rhinoplasty. Is this the best option? And what would the rough costs be? Thank you. Ps - the surgeon they recommended was Mr Tahery, so your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Open vs Closed Rhinoplasty

The choice of open versus closed rhinoplasty, that is making an incision across the bridge of tissue between the nostrils(open) or not (closed) has become more of a preference for the surgeon. There are some very crooked noses or revision noses that may benefit from an open approach, but the majority of the rhinoplasties can be done closed. Some doctors are trained in only the open approach. I would encourage you to interview sevarl and choose one you feel comfortable with.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.  Finally, the investment for this procedure rounds
$3,000 USD Standard package 
$4,350 USD "All Inclusive Package".
Ps: currently there are important limited seasonal offers with which you can get even better price. 
For more information please contact us and ask for our Limited Discount Coupons. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection and a dorsal hump reduction.  Many surgeons perform dorsal hump reductions, but few perform nasal tip de-projections.  If only your dorsal hump is reduced without addressing the tip projection, it will leave you with a very long appearing nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had nasal tip de-projection surgery (not just dorsal hump reduction) performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin.  A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish all of the goals necessary to decrease the overall projection of the nose, shave down the nasal bridge, refine the nasal tip, and straightened the crooked nose.  All of the incisions are placed on the inside of the  Nose.  Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so chooses  your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.  The recessive and weak chin profile makes the nose look ever more projecting, so consider a chin implant to bring the chin forward to help with facial balance and  proportions, especially with respect to the overlying projecting nose.  Chin implants are composed of Silastic, are placed usually through an incision underneath the chin.  They can be performed as a stand-alone procedure under local anesthesia, or under general anesthesia with a rhinoplasty.  The costs of a rhinoplasty and/or a chin implant are directly related to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, the amount of time monitored under anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the procedure in addition to all of the post operative follow-up appointments.  For many before and after results of  closed rhinoplasty in combination with a chin implant, and our current process list, please see the link and the video below

Yes, it does look like you could benefit from a  rhinoplasty.  Best to be seen in person to get a good idea of what you need done.