Is this normal? After a BA (Photos)

I had a breast augmentation a week ago I went for a 620cc high profile and as you can see my implants are showing below my breast, I'm not back for post op follow up for another 2 weeks. Just very concerned its not normal. (I've had 3 children all breast fed and my breast have stretched to a E cup during pregnancy which is what I an now with after BA)

Double-bubble after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to have a double-bubble deformity, which is caused by the implant sitting below the native fold of the breast.  This will not correct itself.  Your photos appear to show that you might have benefitted from a breast lift--I'm wondering if this large implant was intentionally positioned a little lower on the chest wall to help avoid a lift.  At this point, you will need revision surgery to elevate the position of both implants; your surgeon may also need to re-evaluate the size of the implants (maybe need a narrower width) and whether you need a lift or not.  

Dr. K

Post-op Breast problems

Though any plastic surgeon is reluctant to diagnose a breast augmentation problem in this type of forum, I do believe that you have a problem. Your photos suggest a double bubble deformity. The inframammary fold was lifted over the implant. It is unlikely that it will correct itself. I would contact your plastic surgeon and ask them to see you before your scheduled follow-up. There are certainly solutions to correct the situation but I think that this is a discussion best held with your surgeon. Best of luck.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Is this normal

It looks like your implants have slipped below your inframammary fold and are now visible. The implants that were placed are quite large, and may be too large to fit behind your breasts without showing. This may require a revision but would see your surgeon as soon as possible because a band placed in the area may help. This also maybe unavoidable if the implants were placed under the muscle. There are some women(few) who develop a band above the infra mammary fold which represents the cut border of the pectoralis mucsle. This results in a deformity which is heightened with certain movements. The best way to deal with this situation (I believe), if you cant live with it; is too switch the implant pocket from behind the muscle to in front of the muscle. However you then run the risk of the complications from a pocket in this space. These can include higher rates of sagging, rippling, capsular contracture, etc.

Good luck

Eric Weiss MD 

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Double bubble

You should run it by your surgeon. Sometimes a band is placed along the lower pole. Good luck........

Not normal

Unfortunately, what your pictures show is a very early "double bubble". In this situation, the breast implant has migrated below the original infra-mammary crease.  I don't think that this will get better with time and may necessitate an early revision. I would recommend you go back and see your operating plastic surgeon to discuss this. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Went for a 620cc high profile and my implants are showing below my breast.

If an implant does not fit within the breast footprint or skin envelope as we call it, the breast can appear to sit on top of the implant. Your photo shows a double bubble, breast and then implant. Work closely with your surgeon to see how things sort out.

Is this normal? After a BA

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Unfortunately it appears that your implants have fallen too low on your chest creating a "double-bubble" deformity with a clear demarcation between implant and breast tissue.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon earlier than later to discuss your current results and maneuvers to try and improve upon your current healing appearance.  Best wishes.

Double bubble after BA

Thank you for  your question and photo.  I am sorry, but his is not normal.  You have a double bubble deformity, worse on the breast on the right side of the photo.  This can happen when the breast fold is lowered and the dense attachments to the original fold are not addressed.   I would contact your surgeon sooner than 2 weeks to be seen and discuss possible interventions that may be helpful at this early time in your healing.   Good luck.  

Is this normal? After a Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  To answer your question, no the appearance is not normal.  It appears you may have a double bubble  especially on the left side.  This means that the inframammary crease or fold beneath her breast was violated and the implant has descended below this normal crease.  Do not await to see your plastic surgeon.  Call the office and insisted on being seen.  This early neurosurgeon may be able to tape the inframammary crease back in place and wearing an underwire bra may help reduce the extent of the double bubble.  However revisional surgery may be necessary in the future. For more information please read below: