Mole removed but now there is a small black dot in the middle of it. What does this mean? Will it go? If so, how long?

The mole was removed by cutting it off, then burned. It was removed a few months ago, it is located on the upper lip in the middle. I have brown coloured skin, and the dot is dark brown.

Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation. It is likely that this is part of healing and as the wound continues to heal this will resolve on its own. If you are concerned please follow up with your dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer