Laser hair removal.

What is the ALMA LASER Soprano ICE Hair removal like? do you recommend it. I have just had one session so far and feel more hair is growing slightly faster. I have fair skin and dark hairs, so would you recommend I continue or go to another lazer instead?

Laser hair removal

Thanks for your question and as always we recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and learn all of your options for hair removal.  The Soprano ICE is one of the more sophisticated 810 nm diode systems that have been developed which uses what is called an In-Motion technology which allows laser energy to be delivered to a larger area more efficiently.  It also provides excellent cooling of the skin. As with most hair removal lasers, several treatment sessions are going to be needed to remove the unwanted hair.  So don’t panic, keep going, and you will do fine in the end.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

​Find an Experienced Provider with Good Equipment that is Regularly Calibrated

Newer lasers have features built in (such as sapphire cooling tips) to make them more comfortable.  Some of the newer technology is also more efficient, allowing for lower energy settings to be used with better results and less discomfort.  For any laser treatment, safety is the most important consideration.   In the state of Texas, every new laser patient has to be seen by a medical practitioner.  At that point, they can determine if you can be safely treated with their laser.

We recommend finding an experienced and reputable provider in your area with updated equipment.  Calibration and power of the laser is important for a safe, comfortable and effective treatment.  Find out what laser they will use and if it is under a maintenance contract.  If their laser isn’t calibrated on a regular basis or is underpowered, your treatment may be painful or inefficient.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician