My kidney is at 20%, can I have a breast uplift?

I have renal damage and my kidney is functioning at 20%. As the problem is now under control I have retained this function for Around 18 months. Is it possible to find a surgeon who is willing to carry out a breast uplift? As you will probably know they won't transplant until you are consistently below 15%. I'm 30, single and I've always wanted children but worry that I'm never going to find someone due to my unbearable body issues. This really is a major priority for me unfortunately!

First, let me say that I am so sorry for your health [problems. to answer your question you would have to have the approval of an anesthesiologist and your internist. Also the responsible internist would have to follow you carefully post-operatively. First and foremost is your health. Thank you for your question and I hope you are able to proceed with the procedure. Best of luck to you.

Mastopexy

You will need to have a preop assessment be assessed by the anaesthetist to determine suitability. I would discuss this surgery also with the doctor responsible for monitoring your kidney function. As this is surgery that you don't necessarily need you need to carefully consider the pros and cons before considering the surgery. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Not a good choice

You are too ill to have this type of surgery.  You need to re-evaluate your goals and determine whether the surgery is worth the potentially fatal risk. You could end up on dialysis.

Renal disease and elective surgery

Thanks for your inquiry.  With your nephrologist's guidance you could entertain elective surgery.  Please discuss your desire with your doctors and then proceed with the proper preparation.  Good Luck.