I have pip implants that have ruptured they are being removed on Oct 19. Is it okay to fly?

I have a holliday booked on 13th nov it's a 4 hour flight would I be ok to fly

Flying after Breast Surgery

Hello. This question if one for your plastic surgeon. I would not have a problem with your travel but this is doctor specific.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Flying after surgery, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

In my practice I recommend to my patients to stay in the country for at least two weeks after surgery. I suggest you to talk with your plastic surgeon and follow his advices.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Flying after surgery

It is best to ask your surgeon what he feelings are about flying a few weeks after surgery.  In general, it is best to stay in the area for a few weeks to make sure that you are healing well.

Travel after breast augmentation revision

More than likely you would be fine to travel but check with your plastic surgeon before you make any definitive plans. 

OK to Fly

Each surgeon has their own thoughts on when you can fly after surgery. We have always allowed our patients to fly withing a week. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Flying

The post op healing process as well as your other health factors need to be considered. Your Plastic Surgeon will be the best person to advise you.

All the best

Ruptured implants and flying

Thanks for your inquiry.  Unfortunately, only your surgeon can decide when you can fly.  The factors involved will include your health and how much surgery needs to be performed. Good Luck.  

I have pip implants that have ruptured they are being removed on Oct 19. Is it okay to fly

Thank you for your questions.  Assuming you have a smooth surgery and post-operative recovery period, you should be fine to travel at 4 weeks. 

Probably

This question can only be answered by your doctor.  Generally speaking, it would be considered safe to fly one month after implant surgery.  During a four hour flight you should make a point to get up and walk around the cabin a couple of times.

Good Luck

Gary W. Cox, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Is it okay to fly?

Most surgeons advocate that one not fly for at least four days following surgery. Concerns include blood clots in the legs and also the possibility of air that is trapped in a sinus or in a surgical wound. This error can expand at altitude. If one is several weeks following surgery, in most cases it would be safe to fly but to discuss this with your surgeon. Remember, it takes six weeks for surgical wounds to be completely strong.