I have a lump on the end of my clavicle? (Photo)

I'm a 19 year old male and I have a lump towards the end of my clavicle bone below my neck. It's 1cm and feels not hard but not soft, when I put pressure on it I can push into it, another relieving sign is the fact it moves like crazy and it's not fixed to the skin. Also it's not red and it's skin color. Lastly I've had no side effects what so ever just living as normal. I presume what I have would either be a cyst or a lipoma and everyone I have asked has also said the same.

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Since you are concerned, it may be time to have the subcutaneous mass removed and diagnosed with pathology. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Superficial lipoma. lipoma remove

Hi. Thank you for your question. I would recommend you to consult with a plastic surgeon. On the picture you can`t really see  what it exactly is. You`ll need a physical examination in order to determine if it is a lipoma or some other kind of tumor. It seems to be nothing complicated but nevertheless it`s better to make sure that`s the case. I hope this helps.

Clavicle Lipoma

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to determine what exactly the mass consists of.  It may be a lipoma or even lymph node.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation so the correct operation can be planned.

Aaron D. Smith, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

I have a lump on the end of my clavicle?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified positive surgeon in consultation to obtain a definite diagnosis and discuss treatment plans.  A lipoma can be identified through physical exam, while both a cyst and lipoma require surgical removal for definitive management, and to limit the chance of recurrence.  Hope this helps.