I had a lower Facelift 3 days ago, I have sore lumps under my ears , is this normal? (photos)

Sore Lumps After Facelift

Thank you for your question and picture, considering you are only 3 days post op, patients normally experience the most discomfort and tenderness in their ears.  Lumps are common after a facelift and can be a result of several things such as scar tissue.  You should see your surgeon for a 1 week post op follow up to ensure everything is settling and heeling as normal (with no sign of blood collection or infection).  They then should guide you when appropriate for you to start massaging the incisions (to reduce any lumpy scar tissue).

If the pain does get worst or the incisions become very hot and red, please see your surgeon straight away 

Good Luck with your recovery 

London Plastic Surgeon

Sore Lumps after Facelift

While some soreness or discomfort is normal following facelift surgery, this should gradually decrease.  If the pain is getting worse or a new discrete swelling has occurred this could indicate a hematoma, or blood collection under the skin.  This needs to be drained as soon as you notice it to decrease the chance of complications.  You should contact your surgeon to be evaluated.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump After Facelift

Thank you for your question and photo. Contour irregularities are very common early on in facelifting and can be the result of several different things most of which will settle over the coming weeks and months. That said, an isolated lump, especially on that wasn't initially present in this early period may represent something else. It is best to see your surgeon so they can examine you to be safe rather than a phone call. Your operating surgeon is the one who can best determine what is right for you and how to proceed
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

had a lower Facelift 3 days ago, I have sore lumps under my ears , is this normal? (photos)

There are a number of causes to the lumps of which you speak abut under your earlobes.  Since you are only 3 days post op, I would certainly speak to your plastic surgeon.

Good luck

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after facelift

At 3 days post op the best advice and instructions and the only advice and instructions you should follow are from your surgeon. Please contact him/her with your concerns.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after facelift

It is important to get checked for any hematoma (collection of blood under the skin). That needs to be removed. If it is only swelling or bunched up deeper skin that will resolve on its own with time. The surgeon usually sticks a needle into the bump to suck out any blood (it is not painful).
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift 3 Days Ago

It is impossible for any of us to make diagnoses of a facelift patient at 3 days after surgery based on limited photography.  You need to voice your concerns, share your pictures and get advice from your own Surgeon.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing and Recovery From Your Facelift

First and foremost, its best to remain patient. It is still early in to your recovery. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away.
#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
The scars from a facelift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen. If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.