Had an FUE transplant 9 days ago. Am I able to go back to the gym yet to lift weights etc, without causing any damage?

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   There should be no issues to going back to the gym in general.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE 9 days ago

Assuming all of the crust are off, you can do whatever you want at 9 days, even run a marathon if you wish or if you can

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Gym after FUE

FUE is also a surgical procedure......you can go to gym after 2weeks just to get the things settle down ....Transplanted and donor areas ...

Rana Irfan, MD
Pakistan Hair Restoration Surgeon

When can I return to the gym after an FUE transplant?

If you are careful not to hit the grafts on any equipment, you can safely return to the gym the day of your transplant.  Only the really hard core exercise enthusiasts do this, but it is safe.  You just don't want to hit your head on anything like a weight bar.  With the old strip procedure, exercise was discouraged because it could cause tension on the wound and make the scar wider.  This is not an issue with FUE.  Increased blood flow to the body during exercise will not make your grafts pop out of your head.  After six days the grafts are firmly sealed in the scalp and you can't remove them.  The only caution I would give you is to cease exercising if you see any blood oozing down your scalp.  This could mean an extraction site is bleeding or worse that you knocked out a graft.  Most prefer to wait at least a week to return to the gym, however, if you are careful there is no reason you can't go back to the gym the day after your procedure.  I've had many patients return to the gym right after their procedure on the same day without incident.  Still, I think waiting one day is a much better idea.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon