Are there any EU doctors that specialize in African-American Rhinoplasty?

I keep seeying so many 'good' reviews over USA doctors but I am not willing to travel there and I am based in the UK; thus I will stick to EU. Anyway, is it rude asking a surgeon whether he is experienced in it and asking for proof? What kind of questions should I be asking them as well along with the above question? What if they don't supply you with photos because of 'data protection'?

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is not rude to ask a surgeon for proof of their experience at all. In fact, it is recommended that the patient do as much due diligence on the surgeon, including their training/education, years of experience, # of A.A. rhinoplasties performed per year, patient testimonials, and patient before and after photos. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and feel free to consult with a few different surgeons in your local area to compare one against another. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon

thank you for posting your question. I think it is very good, when patients asking informed questions. Researching about the surgeons training background, board certification,experience, numbers, all that helps. Making a list with questions that came up during your research and taking it to your consultation appointment also helps. During the consultation you will see, if the surgeon, is truly listening to your concerns, giving you realistic expectations, and is honest about risks and possible outcomes. Although it is true, that pre and post op pictures are not allowed to be displayed on the internet in some countries, I think the majority of surgeons will be happy to show you their results during your in office consultation. 

best wishes

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon