Do I have constricted breasts? (photos)

I came across this term a few days ago and want to make sure. I always assumed if grow into them as I got older but they're still horrible. When it's cold they do become rounder and normal looking but most of the time they're just like this. If it's possible to 'diagnose' from pictures if be extremely grateful for any help. Thankyou :)

No constriction

Based upon the photos, it does not look like you have any constriction.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Not a Case of Constricted Breasts

Breasts come in all shapes and sizes. You don't appear to have constricted breasts, sometimes called tubular breasts, based on the photos you've provided. Constricted breasts typically have a very high breast crease that can result in the nipples pointing downward. Of course, if you're self-conscious about the appearance of your breasts, it may not matter if they fit the medical definition of constricted or not. You may want to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to discuss cosmetic surgery, such as a breast lift.  

Do I have constricted breasts?

Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Constricted breasts

The pictures you show do not show what is called constricted, or tubular or other breast. They appear to be very natural.

An implant would be one way to make them fuller if that is what you are looking to do. See a plastic surgeon for a consultation. If you do not like your shape and are willing to go larger, then implants might be what you are looking to help.

Not constructed

After an examination of your pictures you dont have constricted breast, perhaps you are your missing some volume to the superior pole of your breast and your areolas are a little over size. A certified plastic surgeon will give you a good recommendation  to make you feel better about your breast. Good luck.

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Constricted breasts?

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have constricted breasts (also known as tubular breasts).  I hope this helps.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast anatomy

Thank you for your question.  You do not appear to have constricted breasts.  However, the areolas have a bit of herniation (puffiness) which is normal but also the reason why your breasts look more round when you are cold.  The cold causes contraction and flattening of the areolas making the breasts take on a different, round shape.  This effect can be made permanent with a circumareolar mastopexy.  You can always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to a full evaluation and discussion of options.  Best wishes!

Constricted breasts

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have constricted breasts.  A constricted breast generally has a very narrow base diameter thus leading to the constricted appearance.  Some people would call them tuberous breasts as they may resemble a tuber.  There is often an enlarged, herniated areola as well.  You appear to have lost volume in the upper portion of your breasts, however, the general shape of your breasts appears to be normal.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Do I have constricted breast?

Based on your submitted photos you appear to have normal breast anatomy. Classic 'constricted' breasts tend to have a flatter lower pole ("bottom" part of breast) and other changes in the nipple and areola that are not evident in your photos. Best luck!

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures.  From the pictures that you send, it does not appear that you have constricted breasts.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon