Breast surgery. Rippling.

I'm 16mths post BA with transform. (310cc HIgh profile) I started getting rippling on the outside of my breasts quite soon after surgery. This worsened and is now present on the inside too. I'm so upset as I asked my surgeon to go under the muscle and he recommended going over. He said on the day that if there wasn't enough breast tissue he would go under the muscle but he chose to go over. Now I have this issue and after paying £5600 for my initial surgery I can't afford to go back under the knife.

Breast surgery. Rippling.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, it is likely that revisionary breast surgery will be necessary to improve your outcome;  as you mentioned, conversion to the sub muscular plane may be very helpful.  The use of additional "coverage" such as acellular dermal matrix may be helpful as well.

Hopefully your plastic surgeon has significant experience with revisionary breast surgery; communicate your concerns directly with him/her. Hopefully work together you will come up with a good plan to improve your outcome.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant rippling/palpability concerns helpful to you. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be happier with long-term.

Breast surgery. Rippling

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  One of the risks of placement of implants in the subglandular - above the muscle - plane is visibility of rippling due to insufficient thickness of skin coverage over the implant.  There are treatment options to help you - moving implants into submuscular space, exchanging implants for high-fill silicone, adding tissue coverage with other dermal products, etc.  Talk to your surgeon and voice your concerns. 

Rippling

Rippling in the upper pole can be treated by going under the muscle, but if it is in the lower pole as well, then an ADM or fat grafting may help.

Breast implant rippling

Unfortunately, rippling can be evident in thin women with small breasts. Muscle coverage usually does not include the outer/lower areas and a biological mesh such as Strattice may be indicated. Also, higher filled Sientra gels or Natrelle Inspiras may help.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended to address your concerns and discuss your options and expectations.