Post-op Breast Aug, stitches are coming undone. (Photos)

Ok... I had my breast re op 25th Nov in turkey surgeon fantastic, came back to UK and stitches came undone... leaking water fluid... not much! Hole will not heal... the black hole is the most recent picture... iv been to many hospitals and they have been so nice and dressed the area... but iam losing my mind as I don't know what is going to happen Xxx

Healing problem

Hello, despite the distance to your surgeon I would suggest getting in touch with them to discuss your concerns.  They know exactly what was done, including the suturing technique that was used.

Healing problem

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Implant

Unfortunately I agree with the other opinions. You need to see a plastic surgeon soon to have the implant removed.

Implant

Hole in breast after augmentation

From your photos ,it appears that you have an implant exposure( extrusion). This will not heal with conservative measures,and requires reoperation. In my experience, i have rarely been able to salvadge the existing implant, and have had to remove it and replace with a new one at a later time. You should make an appointment with a good plastic surgeon as soon as possible.

Hole in breast after augmentation

Infection and extrusion

Unfortunately you need immediate explantation and drainage of empyema surrounding the implant; ¿are you doing follow up with your surgeon? he should know this issue and provide, at least, his advice.

The implant can't be saved, not only is infected, also the skin coverage has failed and the unstoppable extrusion process has begun, better remove the implant asap.

Leave a cool down period of 8 to 12 months and you'll get happily back the implant in.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Infection and extrusion

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Issue needs to be addressed urgently

The breast implant is exposed and needs to be removed. Breast implant will need to be removed and heal before replacement. Highly recommend plastic surgeon who has at least 12 years of experience, before/after photos of results, and good reviews from patients. An in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be able to give more specific recommendations.

Regards,

Arian Mowlavi M.D.

Issue needs to be addressed urgently

Regards,

Arian Mowlavi M.D.

Exposed implant

Thanks for your question.  Unfortunately, incision separation has led to exposure of your implant.  When this happens, the implant is considered infected and the only option is to remove it, along with the implant capsule.  After a minimum of six months, the implant may be replaced.  I am sorry to hear about your difficulties.  I would suggest scheduling a consultation as soon a possible with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Exposed implant

Incision won't heal...

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns. As some of the other doctors have indicated, your breast implant is no longer viable due to exposure and infection. You need to have this removed, along with the breast capsule and also be cultured for standard and atypical bacteria. Depending on your culture results, the implants can be considered in 3 to 6 months.

Incision won't heal...

Exposed implant

Sorry to hear about your concerns and problems. You have an exposed implant, and this will likely need to be removed as by definition it is exposed/infected. Typically, the implant will need to be removed and the tissue allowed to heal prior to replacing an implant. Unfortunately, this is the problem with having surgery outside of your local area. Best of luck and best regards

Exposed implant

You have an exposed implant

it appears your incision has broken down likely to either a wound infection, seroma or hematoma.   You now have an exposed implant.  Please see a plastic surgeon asap for removal and treatment. 

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

You have an exposed implant

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Breast Aug, stitches are coming undone.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this complication. Unfortunately, your implant is extruding. The black hole you see is the implant itself. Antibiotics and wound care will not heal this problem. You need to see a plastic surgeon immediately for evaluation. They will likely want to remove the implant to allow things to heal. Usually, after a number of months have gone by, you can have the implant replaced. Good luck.